The Technical Support Trainer maximizes the Momentum Telecom Unified Communications Support (or “Retail Support”) customer facing representatives’ effectiveness by ensuring representatives have thorough knowledge of products, services, can effectively use closing skills, troubleshoot, resolve problems and provide positive customer experience to Momentum’s existing and potential customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and implements a comprehensive training program for customer facing employees. Training components will be geared toward new hires, existing staff and individuals who seek one-on-one assistance.
- Prepares new representatives by conducting orientation to Momentum processes; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; scheduling orientation and ongoing training.
- Determines training needs by observing Support encounters; studying trending areas of improvement, technical, service and customer experience results reports; conferring with management.
- Develops individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources; providing coaching; conducting training sessions; developing outcome improvement resources.
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; updating internal knowledgebase
- Thorough understanding of technical support and new product development and launches.
- Identification and recommendation of process improvement initiatives.
- Performs all other duties as required.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as after-hours point of escalation for Support staff as needed.
Project management and other duties as assigned.
Must be flexible with the ability and willingness to work late evenings, weekends and certain holidays. Must be able to travel to other call centers and field offices. The Momentum Unified Communications Call Center operational hours are M-F 7am-8pm Central.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written), as well as ability to motivate, teach and inspire staff.
- Operational knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop training and methodology programs that are unique to the organization’s goals, values and mission statement.
- Customer Support and service training experience (minimum of 3 years in industry or related field).
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Self-development skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
- Demonstrates leadership skills such as: self-management, willingness to handle customer escalations (if needed), providing direction to peers, communication with upper management, volunteering for special projects and advanced tasks, reliability and dependability.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of exceptional customer service skills.
- Current performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of call center/technical support best practices.
- 3+ years in telecommunications/cable industry experience.
- 3-5 years in training environment.
- 3+ years methods and procedures documentation and development.
- Associate’s degree or higher.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the requirements include:
- Active Verbal communication in classroom environment, 8 to 9 hours each scheduled work day.
- Sitting and standing positions 8-9 hours each scheduled work day.
- Air controlled environment, florescent lighting, natural lighting.
- Close proximity to computer screens.
- Ability to work within fluctuating background noise and movement.
- Close proximity to surrounding co-workers, open area seating.
- May be required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk or climb stairs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak clearly.
- Must be able to travel via various modes of transportation to other Momentum offices and other offsite locations.