This position will plan and conduct studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the company. Perform statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and data, and prepare subsequent narrative and analysis for senior management. Plan and conduct studies to determine cost of business activities. Recommend budget adjustments, and other cost improvement measures. Develop financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis, in particular for sales, revenue and costs of sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze financial data and extract and define relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability
- Review costs and perform cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs
- Perform statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported including cash management and capital expenditures
- Forecast and consolidate total expense and capital budgets for all departments on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with peers in accounting to perform ad-hoc analysis to explain variances versus budget, prior forecast and prior months
- Prepare monthly executive presentation that highlights the key drivers of revenues and expenses and capital variances vs. the budget, prior forecast and prior months
- Work with department heads to prepare their detailed annual budget
- Provide department heads with monthly performance vs. budget in order for them to remain aware of how their department is performing
- Serve as the primary point of contact and perform timely research to answer questions from department heads
- Provide appropriate financial metrics and targets and provide monthly reports of actual results
- Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Interpret financial transactions and events for users who must make economic or business decisions Prepare required regulatory reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis as necessary
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A four-year undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting or Business with a concentration in Finance or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Three to five years prior experience is preferred
- Entry-level candidates with an education background in Finance will be considered (Entry level candidates will be required to demonstrate knowledge learned in course work, projects and internships)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Successful candidates will possess and be required to show the following KSAs in this role:
- Must have the ability to use specialized software products which includes: financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in in MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Analytical skills with the ability to compile technical data and prepare technical and analytical reports.Successful candidates will possess analytical curiosity. Ability to break down variances/trends into its component parts and deliver accurate, timely and succinct analysis/explanations to drive business decision making
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy
- Candidate has the ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively
- Experience and technical knowledge in a wide range of finance-related areas, including financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and communication with employees at all levels, as well as external partners
Employee must be available to work overtime as required, be able to travel for conferences, seminars, and other off-site functions and must adhere to Company policies and procedures. Regular attendance is essential (i.e. is consistently at work and on time).
To apply, please submit resume as well as all requested information.