Momentum Telecom, a leading hosted VoiP, broadband services and unified communications provider, offers smart, customizable cloud solutions to direct subscribers and more than 400 partners nationwide. Momentum Telecom delivers superior quality products backed by a geo redundant network with 100% uptime and best-in-business customer service. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Momentum Telecom has additional offices in Kennesaw (GA), Lexington (KY), Philadelphia (PA), Warwick (NY), Cartersville (GA), and Vancouver (BC).
The Network Engineer is responsible for the implementation and configuration of all VoIP related equipment for the customer premise. The Network Engineer will be responsible for integrating new and existing voice and data equipment as it applies to an implementation.
The Network Engineer has a strong technical, telecommunications and networking background, the ability to interface with all levels of customers, maintains a positive attitude, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Please note the shift for this position is 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM or 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Network design and Architecture
- Equipment configuration (router, switch, phones, ancillary devices) remotely and onsite.
- Installing of T1, Cable, and DSL connection and access devices
- IP Phone Configuration
- Call Flow Configuration
- Create detailed network diagrams and call flows
- 1st level Customer Support on Implementation
- Documenting and updating operational procedures.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- A four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge is required.
- Three or more years experience in a Hosted VoIP environment or five or more years experience in a networking environment required
- Advanced network troubleshooting skills required
- Knowledge of DHCP, DHCP options, DNS, NAT, PAT, VLANS and ARP required
- Knowledge of Physical and Data Link layer functionality preferred
- Experience with VoIP integrated networks preferred
- Knowledge of the SIP protocol preferred
- Experience with Red Hat Linux operating systems recommended
- Experience with Excel Recommended
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to make critical decisions about a computer network
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to explain technical details in a friendly manner
- Work with other team members and across teams
- Go to work every day with a positive attitude
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Available after hours if necessary based on project requirements
- Must have the ability to design databases, network, circuit or switching networks for implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of a designated hardware or software applications and platforms is required.
- The ability to counsel, consult, mentor, and transfer technical knowledge to staff
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CCNA or related technology certifications
- Valid Driver’s License is required
Employee must be available to work overtime as required, be able to travel for conferences, seminars, and other off-site functions and must adhere to Company polices and procedures. Regular attendance is essential (i.e. is consistently at work and on time).