Momentum Telecom, a leading hosted VoIP, broadband services and unified communications provider, offers smart, customizable cloud solutions to direct subscribers and more than 400 partners nationwide. Momentum Telecom delivers superior quality products backed by a geo redundant network with 100% uptime and best-in-business customer service. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Momentum Telecom has additional offices in Kennesaw (GA), Lexington (KY), Philadelphia (PA), Warwick (NY) and Cartersville (GA).
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audit and process vendor invoices for payment based on company policies
- Match and reconcile purchases created in purchase order system
- Initiate check runs, generate and mail payments
- Prepare required monthly payables-related journal entries and accruals
- Maintain accounts payable paper and electronic files
- Serve as primary and initial contact with vendors for dispute resolution and reconciliation
- Maintain and process annual 1099 reports
- Assist with month-end reporting
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounts Payable Clerk contributes to the accomplishment of Momentum Telecom accounting practices and objectives that will increase the transparency and reliability of accounts payable and customer satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 1-3 years of experience in a telecom environment preferable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional organization, detail and communication skills; commitment to high standards of excellence
- Experience with high volume processing
- Understanding of 3-way matching
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Familiarity of mid-sized accounting applications (i.e. Sage/MAS, Great Plains)
- Must possess professional demeanor
- Must be able to thrive in a busy and demanding work environment
- Must be comfortable communicating with vendors
- Must have ability to organize, prioritize and complete assigned duties accurately and proficiently
- Must be able to work well unsupervised
- General office environment.
- No special physical demands required