The NOC Engineer I is responsible monitoring and supporting critical managed network elements using real time alarming of network faults and notifications. Problem identification, ticketing, and basic troubleshooting of all network systems, specifically focused on DOCSIS and SIP based technologies
Department, Supervisor, Location and Hours
The NOC Engineer I position works in the Network Operations Center and reports directly to the NOC Supervisor. The position is based in the Kennesaw, Georgia. The Momentum NOC is a 24/7 operation and may include varied start times and days off.
- Monitor and support critical managed network elements using real time alarming of network fault notification.
- Provides assistance and coordination; facilitating efforts with multiple support organizations internally, service providers, vendors and any other outside support organizations as needed.
- Initiate, update, track and close trouble tickets; creating and sending network alerts as needed to internal organizations (customer care, development, engineering, etc.).
- Perform proactive network element status and health checks as part of normal surveillance activities.
- Upon receipt of network trouble conditions, follow procedures to directly access certain network elements to validate and further isolate specific trouble conditions.
- Work to ensure Service Level goals for alarms, tickets and calls are met.
- Provides suggestions and recommendations to NOC Supervisor for process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the cable modem internet industry.
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching.
- Basic understanding of cable plant and VoIP infrastructure
- Demonstrated complex problem solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience
- Basic knowledge of Routing and Switching
- Basic cable plant infrastructure troubleshooting and repair experience
- Basic knowledge of Voice infrastructure
- DOCSIS experience a plus
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent degrees required.
- Preferred: CCENT, CCNA
- Preferred: College level degree in a related field 8/13/2014
Competencies/Specific Experience or Training Preferred:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the associate is:
- Required to work some shift work required for evenings and weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak clearly.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter as well as responses to all requested information.