Momentum Telecom, a leading hosted VoIP, broadband services and unified communications provider, offers smart, customizable cloud solutions to direct subscribers and more than 400 partners nationwide. Momentum Telecom delivers superior quality products backed by a geo redundant network with 100% uptime and best-in-business customer service. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Momentum Telecom has additional offices in Kennesaw (GA), Lexington (KY), Philadelphia (PA), Warwick (NY) and Cartersville (GA).
(This position can either be remote or based out of one of our office locations)
The Corporate Trainer/Developer 2 position is an advanced position primarily responsible for developing and delivering internal and external training as directed by the Momentum Corporate Training Manager. This position will have responsibility for leading various training development initiatives and projects. Training includes technical training on Momentum’s products and services utilizing various training platforms (BBX, PNM, RMP, etc.) and internal methodologies, specialized boot camps and workshops as needed by various functional areas and supporting internal Subject Matter Experts in developing their own training and reference material. The Corporate Trainer/Developer 2 has experience with training at all levels, knowledge of training methodologies and learning styles, maintains a positive attitude, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position also includes responsibility for supporting management and administration of the corporate LMS (Learning Management System) and KMS (Knowledge Management System).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Develop and maintain all required training curriculum(s) and supporting tools and documents.
- Lead and support training initiatives that facilitate customer implementation and adoption of all Momentum unified communications systems and services as directed by Corporate Training Manger.
- Represent Momentum in a manner consistent with our mission, vision and values statements.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge level of all Momentum products and services, including network standards, VoIP, UC as well as staying abreast of industry-specific knowledge and trends.
- Manage all assigned training courses, projects, development and training initiatives, reporting on results and plans.
- Leverage and employ various training delivery methods, tools and techniques and stays abreast of technological and industry trends to ensure state of the art training content and delivery.
- Deliver customer premise and web-based trainings, teaching how to administer, program and use products, systems and services.
- Responsible for multiple delivery methods to a variety of audiences such as one-on-one, small group, train the trainer, class room, admin, end user, etc.
- Develop and leverage internal and external resources to create and maintain (update) all external and internal training documentation and collateral materials.
- Conduct necessary internal continuing education and skills development training sessions to educate employees on products, services, processes and systems.
- Conduct on-site and web-based follow-up customer training as requested, maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, and following up as necessary.
- During training, update settings and call flows as required, documenting and reporting on changes.
- Ensure client satisfaction by conducting verbal and written surveys upon completion of scheduled trainings.
- Ensure training documentation availability on line.
- Work closely with Corporate Training Manager to coordinate and schedule training for new employees, being primary contributor for sales related employee “Boot Camp” and other specialized training programs.
- Maintains strong communication with Implementation Project Managers during the coordination of training and following training.
- Travel throughout the US.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience training and developing professional business training curriculum is required.
- 3-5 years of corporate training experience
- 2-3 years of project management experience preferred
- 3-5 years in Telecom industry experience preferred
- Must be able to effectively use Captivate, Articulate and/or Adobe development tools to develop on-line video training to be accessed on the web and LMS
- Experience utilizing and/or administration of LMS and KMS platforms
- Must be able to understand and explain complex customer call flow scenarios
- Must be able to understand basic VoIP functionality and train customers on products
- Must be willing to pursue education and development to stay proficient in areas of responsibility.
- Must have significant knowledge of the Company’s products and services
- Strong computer software and hardware knowledge, comfortable accessing/using the Internet
- Prioritize and organize effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Must have the ability to use a computer, associated software products (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Outlook) and the Internet.
- Must have the ability to use specialized software products which includes: Camtasia, SnagIt, Captivate, Articulate, Adobe, LMS, Web Conferencing tools
- The ability to counsel, consult, mentor, and transfer technical knowledge to staff.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License required
Supervises activities of classes of employees during training, Boot Camp and other ILT programs.
Manage projects and initiatives related to developing and deploying training and educational programs.
Coordinate and collaborate with department leaders, subject matter experts, external partners and customer leaders to design, develop and implement training solutions.
Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.