The Voice Engineer is responsible for architecture, design, implementation, security and support of all Hosted VoIP platform and all related technologies.
The Senior Voice Engineer is an innovative and experienced senior level engineer, has the ability to consult with clients, has leadership or management experience, maintains a positive attitude, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
We also have two additional openings for candidates not quite at the senior level.
This position will ideally be based out of Philadelphia, Birmingham, or Lexington locations. We will consider a remote candidate for the senior-level opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Voice Platforms - The design, implementation and support of business voice systems.
- Architecture, design, and integration of Momentum’s VoIP platform with all hosted technologies
- Daily platform tasks such as maintenance, monitoring, backups and availability
- Tier 3 support of business customers on all products
- Assist in creation of product support and training documentation
- Advanced Network/VoIP troubleshooting
- Assist and approve of implemented Customer Premise Network/Voice Architecture
- Assist with evaluation and integration of acquired networks
- Participate in the development and implementation in improvements to overall controls and processes.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Sciences and/or equivalent hands-on experience
- A graduate degree or equivalent higher education resulting in a demonstrated mastery of a professional or technical field is desirable – but not required.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in medium and large scale network environments (Data center experience strongly preferred) for the senior level role
- 3-5 years' experience for the mid-level roles
- Current Certification- Broadsoft Platform
- Current Certification – Oracle Acme Packet Session Border Controllers
- Advanced networking knowledge in the following areas:
- IP Routing
- Network switching
- Firewall functions
- Network connectivity
- BIND DNS
- TFTP/FTP/HTTP(s) device configurations
- Ability to set up Enterprise system call flows.
- Experience managing technology projects and staff
- Experience and understanding of enterprise level call flow
- Strong knowledge of conventional telephony infrastructure
- Proven track record of delivering complex software/hardware projects on schedule
- Knowledge of SIP and RTP Protocols, both as defined in the standards and as used in practice
- SIP, RTP, G.722, G.711 & G729 compression codecs preferred
- Must have the ability to use a computer, associated software products (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Outlook), and the Internet.
- Must have the ability to use specialized software products which includes: Microsoft VISIO
- Must have the ability to manage or implement network, circuit or switching networks
- Must have the ability to design networks, circuits and switching networks for implementation.
- Detailed knowledge of a designated hardware or software application Broadsoft platform is required
- Advanced level software or hardware training is required: routing, switching and network security.
- Hardware or software certifications (as listed above.)
- The ability to counsel, consult, mentor, and transfer technical knowledge to staff.
- Ability to identify and evaluate the impacts of new technologies on the business, while championing the technical direction, corporate approach and methodologies for those technologies
- Adherence to Momentum policies on ethics and integrity
- Excellent project management skills
- Minimal direct supervisory responsibilities. Must be able to coordinate the activities of various internal and external resources to meet objectives in a leadership role.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to explain technical concepts in simple and understandable terms to a layperson
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work with a minimum of direct supervision but must also be able to work efficiently and effectively when collaborating as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required
- The ability to produce clear and concise documentation and diagrams is desired
Employee must be available to work overtime as required, including some nights and weekends. Employee must also be able to travel on occasion to other company and customer locations. Must adhere to Company policies and procedures. Regular attendance is essential (i.e. is consistently at work and on time).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work performed requires occasional physical activity 10-25% of the time.
- The job involves some intermittent lifting, pulling and pushing of 15-25 pounds as well as some stooping, crawling and kneeling.
- Sustained periods of standing or walking may be required.
- Manual dexterity to complete basic physical tasks such as filing, operating copy machines and mailroom equipment, etc., is essential.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also be required to perform other reasonably related duties and tasks, in accordance with business needs, as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management personnel.