Momentum Telecom, a leading hosted VoiP, broadband services and unified communications provider, offers smart, customizable cloud solutions to direct subscribers and more than 400 partners nationwide. Momentum Telecom delivers superior quality products backed by a geo redundant network with 100% uptime and best-in-business customer service. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Momentum Telecom has additional offices in Kennesaw (GA), Lexington (KY), Philadelphia (PA), Warwick (NY), Cartersville (GA), and Vancouver (BC).
The Tier 2 Support Rep is responsible for providing advanced technical support to Momentum’s direct business customers and Momentum resellers.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior customer service and advanced technical support for direct business customers including troubleshooting, making configuration changes, processing change orders, answer how to questions, and billing inquiries.
- Answer all calls delivered within 3 rings or less.
- Utilize all required resources and work flows to accurately resolve or escalate customer issues.
- Adhere to Momentum Telecom Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable performance according to published standards.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Identifies and recommends process improvement ideas to Management.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service behaviors such as: being friendly and caring, listening, empathy, diffuse upset customers, providing customers with accurate troubleshooting processes and information.
- Contributes to the accomplishment of individual, team and customer performance goals.
- Troubleshooting technical problems, setting up advanced configurations, escalating with telecom carriers, escalating with internet service providers, and handling all escalations from Tier 1.
- Being the point on unresolved issues to ensure resolution or appropriate escalation to other work groups.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in occasionally adjusting schedule as needed for department staffing coverage.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate, some college or technical troubleshooting experience preferred
- Two years of proven successful customer service experience, inbound call center customer experience preferred
- Demonstrated interest in technology
- Two years' practical work experience or education in telecommunications or networking related field
- Two years working knowledge and troubleshooting experience of SIP, RTP, UDP, TCP, and NAT technologies
- Two years troubleshooting experience with carriers for access and last mile facilities
- Two years working knowledge of DNS, Web, email, voice mail, and eFax services
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of support operations and practices
- BA or BS degree with a telecommunications or networking concentration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Advanced knowledge of Momentum UC Direct and reseller products and services
Knowledge of IT configuration and related troubleshooting procedures
Demonstrated complex problem solving abilities
Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job requirements include:
- Some shift work required for evenings and weekends, some overtime is required.
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak clearly